Make Your Home Safer Campaign LaunchFebruary 6, 2018
On Thursday 1 February 2018 Injury Matters’ Stay On Your Feet® program launched the Make Your Home Safer Campaign in Halls Head. Make Your Home Safer looks at the importance of making simple and often low cost changes both inside and outside of the house to help prevent slips, trips and falls. With around half of all falls happening in and around the home, it is important for older adults to make their homes safer.
The campaign aims to raise awareness of the importance of removing hazards around the home as a strategy to reduce falls among older adults and encourage confidence in independent living. For health and community workers helping older adults to stay healthy and independent for longer, the campaign offers information and services which describe simple and low cost changes to an older person’s environment.
The campaign is suitable for older adults who are already independent and wish to stay in their homes, and older adults who may be less independent than they previously were and can benefit from making changes to regain their independence.
The Make Your Home Safer campaign toolkit is a one stop shop for getting involved in the campaign and includes:
- How to host and promote your own Make Your Home Safer event
- The Make Your Home Safer Educator Guide, a guide to help you run a session for older adults
- The campaigns key messages and calls to action
- How to share our new animation, Make Your Home Safer with Frank and Tiddles
- Free brochures and booklets
- Tips to connect on social media, including ready to use posts and images
- How to invite Stay On Your Feet® to attend your event.