Injury Matters delivers programs that aim to prevent injury and support recovery.
STAY ON YOUR FEET®: Educates community members and health professionals how to keep active and alert to prevent slips, trips and falls.
KNOW INJURY: Provides knowledge, training, resources and networking opportunities for health professionals, Local Government, not-for profit and community organisations to prevent injuries.
ROAD TRAUMA SUPPORT WA: Provides information, education and counselling services for people affected by road crashes.
MENTAL AND PHYSICAL SAFETY ON OUR ROADS: The first project of its kind in Australia and proposes to deliver an innovative mental and physical safety program specifically targeting heavy vehicle operators. Find out more here.
To find out more about each of our programs click on the program above or contact (08) 6166 7688.
Stay On Your Feet® is WA’s falls prevention program for older adults living in the community. Stay On Your Feet® aims to reduce falls and fall related injuries among older adults living in the community and encourage confidence in independent living.
Stay On Your Feet® promotes how to keep active and alert through the Move Improve Remove campaigns and evidence informed programs to community members, health professionals and community workers.
Each year Stay On Your Feet® release two campaigns from Move Improve Remove initiative which focus on one risk factor of falls and promote the ways to help prevent slips, trips and falls.
We focus on:
- increasing awareness that falls are preventable
- sharing helpful tips and strategies to avoid falling
- investigating falls risk factors and risk reduction strategies
- providing free community presentations through a peer volunteer program and attending displays and expos in the community
- training and information for health professionals and community workers
- referral to appropriate services
- developing partnerships to encourage falls prevention initiatives across all sectors and settings including hospitals, residential aged care facilities and the community.
Stay On Your Feet® is provided by Injury Matters and funded by the State Government through the Department of Health
Find out more www.stayonyourfeet.com.au.
Know Injury is a state-wide program aimed at preventing injury in Western Australia by enhancing the capacity of injury prevention and safety promotion practitioners and organisations.
Know Injury provides knowledge, training, resources and networking opportunities needed to prevent injuries in Western Australia. To do this, Know Injury works with Local Governments, health workers, not-for-profit and community organisations to Know, Learn and Connect:
- Know about when, where, why and to whom injuries occur
- Learn approaches and strategies to prevent injuries
- Connect with other people and organisations working to prevent injuries in Western Australia
Know Injury is provided by Injury Matters and funded by the State Government through the Department of Health
Find out more – www.knowinjury.org.au
Road Trauma Support WA is a state-wide service assisting anyone affected by road trauma, regardless of when the incident occurred or what level of involvement the person had.
- Information and support
- Education and training and
Free counselling sessions are available and no referral is required.
Our staff are committed to being respectful of cultural and family values and provide our service in a safe, non-judgemental environment.
Road Trauma Support WA is a program delivered by Injury Matters and funded by the Road Trauma Trust Account WA through the Road Safety Commission WA.
For more information- www.rtswa.org.au.